Diagram

I definitely took a more abstract approach at looking for diagrams in my surroundings. In my mind, the formation and convergence of lines, words, graphics, etc to form a logo is a representation of a diagram. According to Lupton and Phillips, “a diagram is a graphic representation of a structure, situation, or process” (215). Since a graph is a series of points, lines, curves and line segments, I believe that this would include the formation of a logo which is a representation of a broader theme. I take a lot of pride in the Viking logo since this is what I wear every time I compete for my team. It unites us together and forms a bond in which we are constantly supporting and cheering each other on. As stated by Lupton and Phillips, “diagrams can depict the anatomy of a creature, the hierarchy of a corporation, or the flow of ideas” (215). I believe that the Lawrence University Swim and Dive logo is a formation and flow of ideas in the sense that all of the lines, curves and points create an image that is a representation of our team and its success. 

https://www.instagram.com/art.ofmovement/

Photo of Lawrence University team cap. Viking logo represents a diagram.
Photo of Lawrence University team backpack. Viking logo represents a diagram.
Photo of Lawrence University team suit. Viking logo represents a diagram.

Lupton, Ellen. Graphic Design: the New Basics. 2015. 

Comments

  1. I never thought of diagrams like this before, now I'm looking around my room to see what else can qualify as a diagram.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts